Everyone knows it’s tradition for the bride to be fashionably late for her wedding, but you do actually want to get there! There are many options available as to how exactly you do this. Vintage or classic cars are the most popular but there are a few alternatives if you want to make a bit of an entrance! Whatever you decide here are a few to tips for arranging your wedding transport.Wedding Cars
Everyone knows it’s tradition for the bride to be fashionably late for her wedding, but you do actually want to get there! There are many options available as to how exactly you do this. Vintage or classic cars are the most popular but there are a few alternatives if you want to make a bit of an entrance! Whatever you decide here are a few to tips for arranging your wedding transport.
- You should look for a well-established, full time professional company, which is still likely to be in business when your wedding day comes. Choose a firm who knows the area well, knowledge of churches, reception venues and traffic conditions can be vital on the day.
- Before approaching a car company decide how many cars you will need.
Normally the Best man would accompany the Groom while the Bridesmaids, Pageboys and Mother of the Bride share a car. Then the Bride and her Father. After the ceremony the Bride and Groom travel together to the reception followed by the best man and the bridesmaids then both the Bride and Grooms parents. If the venues are close to each other and to home you can save money be having one car make two trips. Firstly, for the Mother of the Bride and the Bridesmaids and then for the Bride and her Father. This is only advisable if it is a short journey.
- There are a wide variety of unusual and rare cars available and it is no longer obligatory to have a white car, if you decide on a coloured car however think about your overall colour scheme and how it will look in your photographs with your bridesmaid’s dresses.
- Check what the chauffer will be wearing as you will want them to look professional. Also some will be happy to dress up in period if appropriate.
- Always ask to view the actual cars that will be used for your wedding. Don’t take for granted that rolls Royce automatically means top quality, maintaining and operating vehicles requires professional expertise so make sure you choose a company that has several to choose from and that can provide back up cover should anything go wrong on the day.
- Check charging policies – some companies will charge by the hour and some have extra mileage and petrol fees. A flat fee is often a good idea when you want to know exactly what you will be paying in advance.
- If you want the car to be in your wedding photographs make sure you arrange to have extra time for this.
- Have all arrangements confirmed in writing.
- Make sure there is plenty of room in the car for your wedding dress, and for your bridesmaids dresses especially if you hare having more than one bridesmaid.
So all you need to do now is choose your car. There are many options available from a classic or modern Rolls Royce to a lovingly restored vintage American saloon, or even limousine to add a touch of glamour to the occasion. Whatever you theme there’s sure to be something for you.